The Senate convenes today at 3 p.m. The House remains in recess and will return Sept. 4.
The Senate will resume consideration of H.R. 6157, the third “minibus” spending package that provides funding for Defense and Labor-HHS-Education. The chamber is expected to vote on a series of amendments to the spending legislation throughout the week. Senate leaders are aiming to take a final vote before Labor Day.
- Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Hearing to examine CMS efforts to fight Medicaid fraud and overpayments.
- Senate Energy Committee. Hearing to examine the energy efficiency of blockchain and similar technologies and the cybersecurity possibilities of such technologies for energy industry applications.
- Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Hearing to examine the U.S.-Russia relations.
- Senate Banking Committee. Hearing to examine Russia sanctions, focusing on current effectiveness and potential for next steps.
- Senate Judiciary Committee. Hearing to examine cyber threats to our nation’s critical infrastructure.
- Senate HELP Committee. Haring to examine financial literacy, focusing on the starting point for a secure retirement.
- Senate Finance Committee. Hearing to examine the nominations of Michael Faulkender, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, and Elizabeth Darling, of Texas, to be Commissioner on Children, Youth, and Families, Department of Health and Human Services.
- Senate Banking Committee. Meeting to vote on the nominations of Kathy Kraninger to be the head of the CFPB and Elad Roisman to be a SEC commissioner.