The House and Senate convene today at noon and 3 p.m., respectively.
Banking Bill. The House will finally take up the Senate’s bipartisan banking bill (S. 2155) with a vote as early as Tuesday. No changes will be made to the version that cleared the Senate back in March. Passage is expected, and the president will sign the bill as soon as it lands on his desk.
Other Votes. Before departing for recess, members will try to finish its work on the FY 2019 defense reauthorization bill (H.R. 5515). The House may also take another shot at the 2018 farm bill, which was rejected by the chamber last week.
CFIUS Bill. The House Financial Services Committee will mark up the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (H.R. 5841) on Tuesday, a bill to overhaul the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) and strengthen the government’s ability to review certain outbound foreign investments.
Nomination Vote. There will be a cloture vote at 5:30 p.m. today on the nomination of Dana Baiocco to be a commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Veterans Bill. The Senate is expected to take up consideration of S. 2372, which would allow veterans to obtain health care outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
CFIUS Bill. The Senate Banking Committee will hold its own markup for the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (S. 2098) on Tuesday.
- House Financial Services Committee. Markup of the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act; Housing Choice Voucher Mobility Demonstration Act; Options Markets Stability Act; Transitional Housing for Recovery in viable Environments Demonstration Program Act; Modernizing Credit Opportunity Act. See bill details here.
- Senate Appropriations Committee. Subcommittee hearing to examine the FY 2019 budget request of the Department of the Treasury.
- Senate Banking Committee. Markup of the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (S. 2098).
- Senate Banking Committee. Hearing on “Ten Years of Conservatorship: The Status of the Housing Finance System.”
- House Ways and Means Committee. Subcommittee hearing on tax reform and small businesses.
- House Financial Services Committee. Subcommittee hearing on “Legislative Proposals to Help Fuel Capital and Growth on Main Street.”
- House Financial Services Committee. Subcommittee hearing on “The Impact of Autonomous Vehicles on the Future of Insurance.”
- House Education and Workforce Committee. Subcommittee hearing on regulatory reform and economic opportunities for workers and employers.
- Senate Appropriations Committee. Subcommittee hearing on the FY 2019 budget request of the HHS.
- Senate Banking Committee. Hearing on “Cybersecurity: Risks to the Financial Services Industry and Its Preparedness.”
- Senate Finance Committee. Hearing to examine rural healthcare in America.