The Senate convenes today at 3 p.m. The House will meet Tuesday at noon. French President Emmanuel Macron will be on Capitol Hill this Wednesday to address a joint session of Congress.
Here’s what else is in store for the week:
FAA Bill. Lawmakers will take up the 2018 FAA reauthorization bill (H.R. 4) this week. The five-year reauthorization does not include the controversial proposal to privatize the air traffic control system – an issue that frustrated previous reauthorization measures.
Jobs Hearing. The House Ways and Means Committee will hold a subcommittee hearing on Wednesday to discuss the jobs gap from the perspective of employers. This is the third hearing of the committee’s “Jobs and Opportunity” series.
SEC Budget. The House Appropriations Committee will hold a subcommittee hearing with SEC Chairman Jay Clayton on Thursday to discuss the commission’s FY 2019 budget.
Vote. Senators will consider the nomination of Stuart Duncan to be the U.S. Circuit Judge for the Fifth Circuit. A cloture vote has been scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
Tax Law Hearing. The Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing Tuesday with a panel of economists to get their early impressions of the new tax law.
Pompeo Faces Committee Vote. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will vote today on the nomination of CIA Director Mike Pompeo to be the secretary of state. It is expected to be a close vote, as most Democrats and Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) are opposed to the nomination.
- Senate Finance Committee. Full committee hearing on “Early Impressions of the New Tax Law.”
- House Ways and Means Committee. Subcommittee hearing on “Jobs and Opportunity: Employer Perspectives on the Jobs Gap.”
- House Financial Services Committee. Subcommittee hearing on the HUD’s role in rental insurance and review of legislative proposals on rent reform.
- House Appropriations Committee. Subcommittee hearing on FY 2019 budget of the Federal Housing Administration.
- House Appropriations Committee. Subcommittee hearing on “FY 2019 Financial Services Member Day.”
- House Financial Services Committee. Subcommittee hearing on oversight of the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance.
- House Energy Committee. Subcommittee hearing on reform of the CFIUS review process.
- House Appropriations Committee. Subcommittee hearing on FY 2019 budget of the SEC. Chairman Jay Clayton to testify.
- House Financial Services Committee. Subcommittee hearing on FinCEN’s customer due diligence rule.