The Senate convenes Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 3 p.m. The House is in recess until Nov. 13.
- Water Infrastructure Bill. The chamber will resume consideration of the America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018 (S. 3021), a bill that would authorize funding for 15 water infrastructure projects related to flood control, navigation, hydropower, drinking water, and the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. The bill, as amended, cleared the House on Sept. 13. A cloture vote is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Nominations. After the chamber completes its work on the water infrastructure measure, members will turn to the following nominations:
- Jeffrey Bossert Clark to be an assistant attorney general
- Eric S. Dreiband to be an assistant attorney general
- James N. Stewart to be an assistant secretary of defense
Key Hearings & Meetings
Tax & Financial Services
- Oct. 11 – Senate Banking Committee to hold a hearing on the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem.
- Oct. 11 – SEC to hold an open meeting to consider whether to reopen the comment period for rules and amendments related to capital, margin, and segregation requirements for security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants; and capital requirements for broker-dealers. See the agenda here.
- Oct. 10 – Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee to hold a hearing on consumer data privacy, focusing on lessons from the EU’s general data protection regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Oct. 9 – EPA to hold a public meeting to discuss oil and gas extraction wastewater management.
- Oct. 11 – Senate Energy Committee to hold a hearing on blackstart and other system restoration plans in the electric utility industry.
- Oct. 11 – Nuclear Regulatory Commission to hold a meeting on the strategic programmatic overview of the decommissioning and low-level waste and spent fuel storage and transportation business lines.