- The White House is expected to release its FY21 budget request on February 10.
- he Departments of Education and Health and Human Services released joint guidance on the application of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) to student health records.
- The Department of Education announced the opening of nominations for the Inaugural Presidential Cybersecurity Education Award — established May 2, 2019, by the President’s Executive Order on America’s Cybersecurity Workforce.
Education Policy Updates
MWC’s national education team recently wrote a series of articles highlighting national K-12 education policy, higher education policy, technology in education and school safety.
National K-12 Education Policy
- State Emphasis on Early Learning and Trends in Balancing Local Control with State Accountability
- Addressing the Teacher Shortage Problem
- The Emergence of Charter Schools Nationwide
Higher Education Policy
- The Current State of Higher Education Reauthorization
- Working with State-Based Campaigns to Advance Higher Education Policy
Technology in Education and School Safety
- Trends in Student Data Privacy
- How States are Using Technology to Shape the Classroom Experience
- States Across the Nation Address School Safety
Read more on education policy on the McGuireWoods Consulting website.